Please take action immediately! Show your support for the new home and community based rule changes and Wisconsin’s Transition Plan.
Currently, DHS is hearing from many work centers advocates who want to keep the status quo. We need this network to let the Department of Health Services (DHS) know there is support for changes to promote integrated employment.
Do you know someone who:
- Wants to work but is not working?
- Doesn’t have the support they need to get and keep a job?
- Is working in a job in a facility based setting earning less than minimum wage and wants a job in the community?
- Wants to have a more meaningful day?
If so, it is extremely important that their voice is heard!
The deadline to submit comments on the DHS 5-year transition plan is September 2. Take Action Now:
- Submit your comments directly to DHS at DHSOFCE@dhs.wisconsin.gov in support of implementing the new rule changes that will expand community integrated employment. Help others you know submit their comments/stories.
- Comments can be just a few sentences long. The main themes are:
o Changes in Wisconsin’s long-term supports are needed
o The current system does not provide the range of supports so all people can live and work where and how they want in their communities
o The transition plan needs to be clear about how these important changes will be made
For answers to questions you may have about the Transition Plan click on this link: http://wi-bpdd.org/docs/2014/FAQ-HC BS.pdf
If you have any questions or need help in writing/submitting comments/stories feel free to contact Ann Sievert at email@example.com or at 608-267-9897.