Join the many individuals with disabilities, family members, community organizations that are working to make Employment First a reality in Wisconsin! Help expand integrated employment opportunities in your community!
Become or join an Employment First Partner in your community!
WI Employment First Partners are community groups and organizations that engage in outreach activities in their local community to expand integrated employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
WI Employment First Partners receive small grants from the WI BPDD to engage with their local communities to increase integrated employment opportunities. Examples: Presenting to service clubs and business groups, organizing community conversations, holding legislative events and town hall meetings, educating people with disabilities and their families about having community jobs, and organizing Employment First Community Action Teams! Each Employment First Partner is supporting at least one WI Employment First Ambassador.
Current Employment First Partners (2018-2019) include:
- SPARK – Middleton
- Waterloo School District – Waterloo
- Laconia High School/Rosendale-Brandon School District – Rosendale
- Franklin Public Schools
- Opportunity Development Center – Wisconsin Rapids
- Westlake Industries – Ladysmith
- Camp Createability – Monona
- Green Valley Enterprises – Beaver Dam
- Waukesha Independence Network – Waukesha