- WI Employment First and WI APSE are committed to helping people become correctly informed about the new federal rules. Some WI APSE members, such as LCS in Racine, have been leaders in promoting accurate information about these changes by sending letters to program participants and their parents, guardians, and residential services staff.
- There is a lot of misinformation out there! Make sure to include these key points in all communications with participants, families, and other stakeholders:
* These changes do not mean people lose their services.
* The funding for services does not go away.
* Service providers can continue as approved providers of services.
* The only change is that the service provider must provide the service in a more integrated setting that follows the new rule.
- Click here to find a list of these key points, a copy of the letter that LCS sent out as an example for you/your organization to adapt for use, as well as other resources for you to send out to better inform people about these changes.
Help get accurate information out to people!