The Waukesha CAT – called the Waukesha Independence Network (WIN) – is led by staff at Easter Seals and Brookfield East High School involving the County Community on Transition (CCoT). I
The Waukesha Independence Network is focusing on these areas:
- Organizing Transition focused events open to all districts in the area,
- Hosting Community Conversations about employment, and
- Employer outreach.
Some notable accomplishments of the Waukesha CAT include:
- Almost 100 people attended their “Take Control of Your Employment” event – including over 40 youth and 10 local employers.
- 50 students attended the “Take Charge of Your Employment” event. This event was hosted with Manpower and the Department of Workforce Development (DWD). Students listened to an employer panel and participated in mock interviews.
- Hosted 2 community conversations in 2013, the group continues to set up more Community Conversations by collaborating with existing groups (rather than hosting separate events).
- Several CAT members participated in Take Your Legislator to Work.
For more information about the Waukesha CAT, please contact Beth Lohmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-953-2208.